Happy Sunday! With the clocks going forward today (in the UK) it’s going to start feeling like Spring has arrived, and with warmer weather on the way my boiler will be grateful for a hard-earned rest. I’m dreading my energy bill for the last quarter!
This post is my summary of what’s been happening on the blog over the last week, supplemented with some personal reflections on what God is doing in my life at this time, and a bit of light-hearted fun at the end. Let’s jump in!
The Week in Review
For my Monday Music post I shared a classic piece on 70’s rock in the form of the worldwide hit that was Hocus Pocus by Focus. It’s hard not to love this song, whatever your tastes! You can check out the post and the song, here.
Prompted by a chat I had with one of the helpful ‘happiness engineers’ at WordPress support, on Tuesday I wrote a post about Gutenberg, the new WordPress editor currently under development. This will be a big change for the blogging community! Read all about it here.
For this week’s Thursday Theology post I published a short extract from my most recent book entitled Ultimate Truth: God Beyond Religion. In the article I made some observations about the relationship between God and the laws of science, and I was delighted that this article resonated with a lot of you. If you missed it, you can catch up here.
Finally, on Friday I continued my Friday Philosophy series with a look at a big idea by Parmenides, an ancient Greek philosopher known as the founder of the Eleatic school of thought. You can read about his groundbreaking deductive reasoning here.
Some Random Thoughts to Round Off the Week
- I’ve been reminded of the huge importance of getting up early. When I get up at 6.30am or earlier, I tend to be drastically more productive and less depressed than if I get up late.
- I’ve just about finished recording song seven of my T.E.N. music project, but am doing lots of fiddling with the levels in the mix because I can’t seem to get the volume of the drums right. It’s sounding ace though! Release date is 10th April.
- I’ll be taking a trip to my home town of Abingdon in Oxfordshire next weekend (Easter weekend) to catch up with my father and sister. This will be the first time the three of us have been together in several years.
- Just an observation – have you noticed everyone (myself included) is hooked on using the word ‘super’ at the moment? It’s super-cool! I’m super-excited! Funny how these things catch on 😊
- That’s all for now – have a (super) awesome week!
Every Sunday I spend some quality time in prayer and I always lift up the readers of Perfect Chaos to the Lord and pray for His blessing and favour over every area of your lives in the coming week. Thank you so much for reading, and God bless you! ❤️